A few finished projects…
Two more pilot hats, a brown one for my nephew Simeon Tolmie, and a blue one for my Miriam Anna, who has decidedly grown out of her pink one (really, she grew out of it before it was even finished, but she’s been wearing it every day anyway). Both modeled by Miriam, since Simeon lives far away in Washington state. Both in 50% wool/50% alpaca. I’ve made four of these hats now, and still make several mistakes on each one. I’ve switched to a different pattern for my nephew Canyon’s hat, and if it works out, I’ll make another for James, since I don’t like how his pilot hat turned out at all.
I also made a Christmas tree skirt a while back from this tutorial. My mom was nice enough to do the binding when she came to visit, since I had no idea how to go about it. It sat at the base of our tree unbound until after Christmas. I didn’t want the big bows on it like in the tutorial, so my mom put two snaps on the opening to keep it closed. I really want to make curtains out of the red fabric with the larger pattern, but alas, I can’t find it anymore.
Posted in Uncategorized